STRATEGIC SOURCING AND PROCUREMENT – Course Details
This two-day strategic procurement workshop is a real opportunity, and a surprisingly rare one in a crowded training market, to genuinely uplift your strategic thinking capability in a professional procurement context.
Participants will leave this masterclass with practical tools & techniques that enable them to practice a more strategic approach to procurement immediately. Also, with a new perspective on how to deliver genuinely strategic procurement relevant to your organisations Marketing Strategy.
Key themes in the programme include:
• The major questions & challenges facing the procurement profession in future
• Taking a glimpse at the sales professional’s view of buyers
• The imperative of Sustainable Procurement & the new ISO 20:400 Standard
• The difference between Category Management & Strategic Sourcing?
• How Procurement can integrate with your Marketing strategy – a unique perspective
The workshop is be split into EIGHT key sections over the two-days which are covered through presentation, discussion, exercises and group interaction:
Eight Key workshop segments
Procurement leadership – introduction
1. The business context for procurement
2. The role of modern procurement and supply management & social procurement
3. Opportunity analysis
4. Market analysis
5. Category Management
6. Market management overview
7. Integrating procurement & supply chain management
8. Contract management & SRM
This masterclass is ideal for procurement managers looking to become more strategic in their perspective on our profession, for experienced category managers getting ready to move up, bright young things looking to learn quickly about procurement as well as seasoned procurement professionals getting ready for their next step.
By the end of the two-day workshop you will:
- Understand the context & complexity within which modern strategic procurement has to deliver and meet stakeholder needs
- Develop a thorough grasp of the essentials & process of a strategic approach to procurement and how procurement can stay relevant
- Be able to commence both a spend analysis & risk analysis, as a start to a more strategic approach to procurement
- Have the confidence to be able to manage suppliers through a more strategic process
- Be able to utilise a broad variety of strategic procurement tools and techniques
- Understand the true role of procurement for your organisation and how to align a more strategic approach that is right for you … and the surprising link between procurement and marketing.