In a challenging and competitive market, employee engagement is absolutely paramount to retain the talent within the organisation. It follows that anyone with a responsibility for managing employees requires an understanding of Human Resource Management best practices and the essential skills for getting the very best out of their team.
This HRM Skills for Managers and Professionals training course provides the essential practical knowledge and processes enabling managers (of any function – not necessarily HR) to skilfully address HR Management issues and opportunities for themselves.
Participants in this training course will develop the following competencies:
- Building excellent working relationships with others
- Lead, listen, challenge, communicate, be fair, respond to suggestions and deal with problems
- Help and support employees to take more responsibility
- Build highly-effective and productive teams
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All levels of Management who need to gain a better understanding of the implications that People Management practices have on their day-to-day decisions
- HR professionals and equally the line management
- Any other professionals who have an interest HR processes
This training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Implement critical areas of HR Management
- Build a good working relationship with their staff
- Help and support their employees
- Drive individual and team performance
- Motivate and inspire their team
- Build effective and productive teams
- Select the right person for the job
- Specify training and development needs
- Implement procedures that will retain talented people
- Assess and appraise performance
- Develop an action plan to improve performance
There will be inputs from highly-experienced and senior HR professionals together with case studies, discussions, worked examples and use of videos to further enhance learning. This will allow participants to get fully engaged with the practical implications of the training.
This HRM Skills for Managers and Professionals training course will present the opportunity to examine and explore People Management best practices. This will enable delegates to lead their staff in a more effective manner. The training course also uses a highly practical approach to enable participants to focus on issues that impact most on themselves and their respective organisations.
Day 1: Managers HR Responsibilities
- An overview of traditional HRM activities
- Relationship between HR and the line and devolving responsibility down the line
- The impact of HR outsourcing and role of an HR Business Partner
- Enabling HR policies and practices
- Directing and guiding the work of others
- Dealing with conflicting priorities and role overload
Day 2: People Management – Talent and Succession Planning
- Human Resource Planning – securing the people resources
- Job descriptions and person specifications
- Pay and reward, compensation and benefits
- Essentials of employee engagement
- Communications and employee voice
- The new employee – induction planning and getting up to performance
- Building employee engagement, motivation and loyalty